PRIVACY AND YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
Cromwell Medical Centre follows the rules set out below whenever we collect, use, store or disclose information about your health.
COLLECTING YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
When we collect health information from you we will:
- Only collect the information for the purpose of treating you (or for some related purpose).
- Collect the information directly from you unless you have authorised us to collect the information from someone else (or we have some other lawful reason for collecting the information & what we will do with it.
- Tell you why we are collecting the information and what we will do with it.
USING YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
We will not use your health information for any purpose other than for the purpose of treating you unless we get your consent or we will use your information in a way that doesn’t identify you (or where we have some other lawful reason for doing so).
STORING YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
We will store your health information securely so that only authorised people can access or use your information.
DISLOSING YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
We will not disclose your health information to anyone without your consent unless we have a lawful reason for doing so.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
- You can ask us to confirm whether we hold information about you. If we hold information about you, you have the right to access the information.
- You can ask us to correct any information that we hold about you if you think that the information is inaccurate. If we refuse to correct your information, you can ask us to put a note on your information that states that you have asked for the correction to be made.
If you have concerns about any matter relating to your health information, please ask to speak to our Privacy Officer – contact us >>
Please note that this practice is contributing to, and accessing healthcare information from HealthOne.
What is HealthOne?
HealthOne is a South Island based secure electronic record that allows registered healthcare providers directly involved in your healthcare, to quickly access information such as your test results, allergies, medications, GP summaries and hospital information.
HealthOne adheres to the principles of the Privacy Act 2020 as well as the Rules set out in the Health Information Privacy Code 2020. Access is only possible via an approved highly secure healthcare information network which is regularly audited and tested. Privacy auditing is used to check that only those directly involved in your care are accessing your information.
To find out more about HealthOne please visit https://healthone.org.nz/. Please note that you are entitled to restrict the sharing of your healthcare records by contacting 0508 837 872 or emailing: HealthOne.firstname.lastname@example.org