In case of emergency and urgent care, please call 111
If you are experiencing any Respiratory, or Flu like symptoms, please call ahead before walking in to the Medical Centre. A nurse will triage you into one of our Respiratory clinics, for patients with these symptoms
A warm welcome from Cromwell Medical Centre
Cromwell Medical Centre is the largest and most established medical services provider in Cromwell, with highly qualified medical and nursing staff.
We have useful links on our site, general health information, an overview of the wide variety of services that we offer.
Existing patients can contact us by email for appointment enquiries and to request repeat prescriptions.
Please Note: Enrolments are currently closed due to staff shortage, and we may not be able to see visitors at this time
We look forward to seeing you.
Flu Clinics from 1st April for Over 65’s, pregnant ladies, and the immune compromised.
Ministry of Health will advise everyone else when its available, from May.
Free breast screening mammograms are provided to eligible women aged 45-69 by Breast Screen Aotearoa every 2 years. For Cromwell patients this is done in Alexandra or Frankton.
New Zealand wide, they diagnose 200 cases of breast cancer every 6 weeks. Another 200 women will find their own breast cancer every 6 weeks.
No breast screening mammograms have been available over the lockdown, however the programme has now restarted – if you are overdue a screening mammogram please contact Breast Screen Aotearoa on 0800 270 200 if they have not contacted you by phone.
If you have noticed a breast lump please make an appointment with your doctor at CMC.
Did you know that you can now get direct access to Cromwell Medical Centre via your laptop or phone?
Health 365 is an online portal where you can make appointments, order repeat prescriptions and receive test results without having to make a phone call.
Please call our medical reception team on 03 445 1119 and we will help you get registered. It is a very simple process and great technology.
Please take the time to get registered with Health 365.
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Saturday – Sunday : 10am – 3pm
Please note: the weekend clinic is shared between Cromwell Medical Centre and Junction health. It is a walk in and wait clinic, no appointments. You can check the “On call” clinic by checking the Central Otago App, or the Cromwell Bulletin. The roster is located on the door at Cromwell Medical Centre.
After Hours Care
If you require medical attention after hours please phone:
Remember – In emergencies dial 111
Meet the Team
Our Partner Services
Please contact the Specialists rooms directly. We do not have access to their patient lists.
Cromwell Medical Centre hosts a number of visiting specialists who provide regular clinics in a private capacity:
- Dr Peter Taylor is a Clinical Neurophysiology, conducting EMG and nerve conduction studies for patients
- Mr Patrick Lyall is a Plastic Surgeon who is based in Dunedin and visits on a regular basis.
- Dr Andrew Kelly is a Paediatrician based in Dunedin who visits on a regular basis to see children and families for a range of infant, preschool and school age child health and development issues.
- Dr Rick Acland and the Spinal Team – The Christchurch Spinal Team members use Cromwell Medical Centre as a base to provide comprehensive assessments and care for their Central Otago patients.
- Dr Kate Van Harselaar is a Dunedin-based Gynaecologist who offers appointments at Cromwell Medical Centre on a monthly basis.
- Dr Bruce Hodgson is an Orthopaedic surgeon, providing care for both ACC and non-acc patients.